A range of exciting new projects means we are growing and are looking to add a Data Migration Analyst / Project Lead to our team. Your role will involve leading on projects with our insurance clients, analysing their data and business rules, providing a team of experienced developers and testers with data driven insights to create the best data conversion solutions to our clients target systems.
Your existing insurance data knowledge, data migration experience and ability to be a critical team player will ensure your efforts are rewarded with career development and remuneration within a successful insurance software consultancy.
A boutique provider of innovative data solutions and migration services to the Insurance sector for more than 10 years with over 30 years expertise in delivering insurance data conversions. Our Clients range from large International Insurers to niche Speciality Lines Brokers both within the Lloyds, London Market and nationally.
The Insurance industry now expects more answers from its data than ever before. IDM’s expertise in understanding insurance data and business processes gives us opportunities to deliver a range of data focused specialist services around migration,data quality, MI and data visualisation that help our clients improve processes and decision making, focus on their clients and support compliance requirements.
Essentially, we support our clients’ growth and innovation by placing data driven decisions at the heart of our client’s business strategy.
Vacancy Description for Data Migration Analyst – Project Lead
You will be managing the delivery of multiple data migration projects at once working alongside a strong technical team. You will be a key customer facing contact for the organisation liaising with a range of clients including insurers, large brokers and software vendors.
Your responsibilities will include project ownership, project planning and ensuring expected timescales are achieved. Your role will also involve mentoring junior employees and ensuring quality assurance. On a day to day basis you will be hands on carrying out data analysis using SQL coding and our in-house automation tools to extract manipulate, profile, map, cleanse, reconcile and test large data sets in both the front and back end.
You will be based at our offices in Chelmsford and will from time to time need to travel to visit clients on-site to ensure IDM deliver first class data migrations and build long term relationships with our clients. This person will play an integral role in the growth of our company which is relentlessly focused on serving the insurance industry. Therefore, insurance knowledge is critical.
- Manage multiple Clients, Migration Projects and Support issues.
- Proactively liaise and visit insurance clients to define their data and business rules and migration requirements.
- Produce Client scope, specifications and other documentation.
- Lead certain projects, developing migration project plans with the team.
- Organising work load for and mentoring more junior members of the team.
- Perform data analysis, profiling techniques and produce data dictionaries,documenting mapping and transformation requirements.
- Own data quality issues, create reports to recommend and oversee remedial measures for cleansing and de-duping, address fixing etc.
- Carry out regular conference calls, workshops and demos on client sites, liaising with business users on data analysis and testing results.
- Work closely with our team of developers to ensure successful ETL and support the production of documentation (such as specifications and data packs) and helping with data loads.
- Work closely with data analysts and with the testing team helping to write test cases and supporting issue identification and resolution, front and back end testing.
- Provide quality assurance by carrying out regular data validation / reconciliation steps to ensure data migrated to the target system balances to source information.
- Review and verify reconciliations queries produced by the team.
- Contribute to the continuous development of internal automation technologies, client portals, quality standards and documentation.
- Take ownership of, respond to, resolve or manage support and ad hoc queries promptly.
- Over time and weekend work is required as the project demands for instance on go-live days and weekends.
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- Great team player with excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Business or computing degree or equivalent practical experience
- General knowledge of Insurance policy lifecycle, claims, risks and accounts
- 3 years of relevant work experience in the insurance industry for instance in data analysis, MI reporting or data migration
- Client and Policy Servicing or data quality/ governance administration
- Experience of data analysis techniques data profiling, data quality, data cleansing / de-duping, data mapping, data dictionaries, reconciliation and testing
- Excellent IT Skills and a solid understanding of database skills and experience in working with large data volumes
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL query language
- Planning and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge and experience of using data analysis and data migration tools
- ACII (Chartered Insurance Institute qualifications)
- Lloyds or London market experience
- Experience of migration testing
- Experience of investigating and recommending support fixes
- Understanding of Coverholders / Binders and Bordereaux
- Knowledge of data governance,
- Insurance regulatory compliance and data protection requirements
- Solid people facing skills – confident in communicating with clients
- Excellent organisational, follow-up and time management skills
- Ability to work own initiative within challenging project timescales
- Highly self-motivated with initiative and strong multi-tasker
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills
- Completer - finisher, with strong attention to detail
- Flexible and able to handle schedule/priority changes
- Team player and able to mentor junior team members
Rewards & Benefits:
We need a person with a talent for handling and analysing insurance data who can confidently talk to our clients about their business rules and processes and then work closely with our team of developers and testers to execute successful data migrations. We are looking for someone who can play an integral role in the growth of our company which is relentlessly focused on insurance data. Therefore this person’s insurance knowledge is critical as well as their ability to travel from time to time to visit our clients on site.
Every employee at IDM has the opportunity to progress their career by helping to grow the company. Our company ethos has always been that everyone plays a part in the success of the business and that talented and committed individuals are rewarded accordingly. We offer competitive reward packages based on regular performance reviews.
We reward our hard working and committed employees through extra holidays, TOIL and cash rewards.
We provide FREE on site Chelmsford City Centre Parking
Our spacious offices are on the 4th Floor of an old mill that has lots of character and is a great place to work. Idyllically located within walking distance of Chelmsford City Centre overlooking the River Chelmer.
Hours of Work: 9 – 5:30
Annual Holidays: 22 days plus bank holidays increasing with length of service.
Over time and Weekend Work: is required for instance on Go-live weekends.
Main Recruitment Contact:
Name: Cheryl Flynn, Sales & Marketing Director please don't hesitate to call if you have any questions.
Tel: 01245 608253 or 07702891540